Our History

First established to cater for NSW Railway Employees domiciled in Dubbo, in 1954 The Dubbo Railway Institute Bowling Club was created.

What’s followed since has been a commitment to both the Club’s members, and evolving with changing times.

In both 1964 and 1979 the Club underwent major renovations as well as an internal refurbishment and the Club changed its name to the Dubbo Railway Bowling Club Ltd in order to reflect the changing trend in its membership base.

Now known as Sporties Dubbo, the Club again underwent major refurbishments in 2012 to create a fresh, modern appearance both inside and out. Today the club has new and improved faciltities including an indoor and alfresco gaming area,

As a result of these renovations the club has a fresh, modern appearance and new and improved facilities both inside and out.